I'm not very certain if many people have noticed this, but the K: BTS universe has many parallels to the main Kirby games and this journal is about pointing them out. One other thing I want to point out is why K: BTS is set in it's own universe was a influence from the Kirby anime series and this was the major influence for the series. However, it is the games that have the most major influence on the series.
This will be updated as the series goes on or if I can think of anymore. Warning that this will have some spoilers, you have been warned. Keeby is the only character from the spin-off games to be added into K: BTS so far.
Kirby: Behind the Scenes
Kirby's Dream Land
- Kirby, King Dedede, Whispy Woods and Kracko appear. The many species from this game appear in the series: Kirbies/Puffballs, Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Mumbies, Scarfies and Bronto Burts appears.
- A Twizzy makes a cameo on Kirby: Behind the Scenes Page 15.
- Sparky and Sword Knight appear as Drawcia's creations.
- Kracko is capable of dropping lightning, much like he did for the first time in this game.
- Dedede can use his floating abilities much like he first did in this game.
- Many characters fighting styles are similar to Copy Abilities.
- Raven's cape can turn into wings much like Meta Knight's can.
- Waddle Doo's jetpack is a reference to the Jet Copy Ability.
- Galbos appear in this installment. The giant ones will be regarded as a sub-species in K: BTS.
- Whispy Wood's angered face is a reference to the face Whispy makes in the second phase of the boss battle in Dream Land 3.
- Drawcia appears and she is the main antagonist much like in the game. She also has many abilities much like the game Drawcia.
Kirby: Behind the Scenes 2: Drawcia's Return and RevengeKirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land
- Axe Knight makes a cameo on Kirby: Behind the Scenes 2 Page 39.
- Meta Knight is mentioned and revealed to be Raven's older brother.
- A giant, robot Sword Knight appears in this installment of the K: BTS series.
- A giant, robot Masher appears in this installment of the K: BTS series.
- Dedede uses a mechanical hammer in Chapter 10.
- Mecha-Sword Knight and Masher combine into one similar to that Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright do in Strato Patrol EOS.
Kirby: Behind the Scenes 3: Chronicles of DarknessKirby's Dream Land
- Lololo and Lalala's species, called Lololans in the K: BTS universe, make their debut in this installment.
- Blipper, Glunk, Squishy, Scarfy, Bronto Burt, Wizzer, Twizzy, Tookey, Flotzo, Cawcun and Grizzo are shown to be the animals of the planets in the Stella System.
- Needlous appear as an animal species in the K: BTS universe.
- Dark Matter make their debut in this installment of this installment. Dark Matter Knight originates from this game as the first phase of the final boss. All Dark Matter retain their ability to possess other beings and survive in outer space.
- Rick, Kine and Coo are set to appear in this installment of the series.
- Nruff appears as a animal in the K: BTS universe and the wild ones use their design from this game. The same is true for Nelly and Nelly is a younger version of Nruff in the K: BTS universe.
- Ripple Field is set to appear as a location in the K: BTS universe.
- Ice Dragon will appear as a animal species in the K: BTS universe and like in Dream Land 2, they are the real deal.
- Dream Land is a archipelago in the K: BTS universe. This is a reference to the Rainbow Islands, the main setting where Kirby's Dream Land 2 takes place.
Kirby Super Star/Super Star UltraKirby's Dream Land 3
- Saundra's magic theme is a reference to the Mirror Copy Ability.
- Spoilers: Marx is set to appear in this installment along with his Soul form.
- Victor, the K: BTS incarnation of Galacta Knight, will appear in this installment.
- Knuckle Joe's species, called Knucklexians in the K: BTS universe, make their debut in this installment.
- Chef Kawasaki makes his debut in this installment of the series.
- 0 appears in this installment of the series and much like he was in this game, 0 is the main antagonist of this installment of the series.
- Joe (the shark), Kany, Babut, Pteran, Galbo and Como appear as animals in the K: BTS universe.
- Acro, the killer whale boss, is set to appear in this installment.
- The Keke and Dogon species are shown to be one of the species inhabiting Dream Land in the K: BTS Universe. The Dogons are the male counterparts of the Yariko species in the K: BTS universe.
- Rick, Pick, ChuChu, Nyupun, Nago, Shiro, Pitch, Pitchina (the K: BTS series' name for Pitch's mother), Pon and Con will appear in the series.
- 0 returns from the dead, much like he did in this game and again being the main antagonist. 02 appears as 0's Soul form in the K: BTS universe.
- Ripple Star Fairies, referred just as Fairies in the K: BTS universe, make their debut in this installment of the series.
- Ribbon makes her debut in this installment of the series.
- The Fairy Queen, in the form of Rippla, makes her debut in the series. Unlike the Fairy Queen, Rippla is the Princess of Planet Ripple Star.
- Dark Matter's assault on Planet Ripple Star is a reference to Ripple Star being taken over by Dark Matter in the beginning of the game.
- 0's attempt to possess Rippla is a reference to the mass of Dark Matter that possessed the Fairy Queen, as it contained 02.
- Miracle Matter appears in this installment of the series.
- The Pure Crystals' ability to repel and cure a being of possession is a homage to the restored Crystal. However, Pure Crystals are natural forming crystals that form on Planet Ripple Star and they react to Fairy magic in the K: BTS universe.
- Rock Star, Aqua Star, Neo Star, Shiver Star, Ripple Star and Dark Star appear as planets in the Stella System and they are usually referred as Planet <insert planet's name here>.
- Yarikos appear as a species inhabiting Dream Land and they are the female counterparts of the Dogon species in the K: BTS Universe.
- Dark Mind appears in this installment as a member of the Dark Matter species. He was added as a member of the Dark Matter due to his similarities with 0.
- The Squeak Squad, often referred as the Squeaks, are mentioned in this installment.
- Dark Nebula appears in K: BTS as a member of the Dark Matter species.
- Patch Land appears as a country to the east of Dream Land in the K: BTS universe.
- Prince Fluff will appear in this installment of the series.
- Necrodeus will appear in this installment of the series. He is the ruler of Hell in the K: BTS but despite his appearance, he is nowhere as malevolent as his game counterpart.
- Halcandra will be revealed to be a planet in the Stella System, unlike in the games where it is in a another dimension.
- Halcandrans made their debut in this installment of the series via Taranza, who is the first member of this species to appear in the series.
- Magolor will be mentioned in this installment.
- Comos use their design from this game. Nruffs that are domesticated have their design from this game.
- Queen Sectonia appears in this installment in the series. She is given parents in the K: BTS universe and while she is still the Queen of Floralia but she is the actual Queen as she isn't evil like her game counterpart but she still is egotistical and pompous, though to a much lesser degree than her game counterpart
- Taranza makes his debut in this installment in the series.
- Floralia appears as a island in the sea in the K: BTS universe and it is located to the west of Dream Land.
- The People of the Sky, currently without a species name, will make their debut in this installment with a different design.
- Dark Crafter appears in the K: BTS universe as a member of the Dark Matter species. He was added in to Dark Matter for his ability to possess others.
- Elline will make her debut in this installment in this series, she is depicted as a Fairy in the K: BTS universe.
To be continued later on.